- 1.1 (under picture) leyenda (f), pie (m) de foto ( or ilustración etc)More example sentences1.2 (headline) título (m)
More example sentences1.3 [Cin] subtítulo (m)
- Bournemouth Council now uses cartoon captions on its posters to attract attention.
- The captions accompanying posters (which showed streams of bright sunlight through the clouds) were written in mock bible-speak.
- Every key work is illustrated and accompanied by an explanatory caption.
More example sentences
- Deeds, captions on cases, and other legal forms like subpoenas all serve the purpose of giving notice, which is how lawyers and the courts communicate with the public.
- The case is notable not for the momentousness of the underlying legal question but for its amusing caption.
- Defendants' motion to remove Kama's name from the caption of this case is ALLOWED.
- The film, punctuated by captions highlighting what the party considers key achievements, wasn't so much about setting out key pledges but setting a tone and feeling for Labour's protagonists.
- To judge by the Estonian television captions, the first day of the Leaving Cert was marked by the coming together of two trade unions, EESTI and IIRIMAA.
- And on the simplest level, there was a disconcerting clash between the postmodern textuality dispensed by the singers and the humble captions on the screen.
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.
- 1.1 [picture/illustration] ponerle* una leyenda a 1.2 [article] titular 1.3 [film] subtitularMore example sentences
- The photographs are carefully captioned, providing simple but interesting details about the plants and creatures.
- But the New York Times admired Magnussen's design when it was introduced and captioned its illustration of it ‘The Lights and Shadows of New York.’
- Informative text provides a running commentary, and each photo is captioned with historical details.