Translation of caption in Spanish:
- 1 (under picture)leyenda (feminine)
pie (masculine) de foto ( or ilustración etc)Example sentences
- Bournemouth Council now uses cartoon captions on its posters to attract attention.
- The captions accompanying posters (which showed streams of bright sunlight through the clouds) were written in mock bible-speak.
- Every key work is illustrated and accompanied by an explanatory caption.
- 2 (headline)Example sentences
- Deeds, captions on cases, and other legal forms like subpoenas all serve the purpose of giving notice, which is how lawyers and the courts communicate with the public.
- The case is notable not for the momentousness of the underlying legal question but for its amusing caption.
- Defendants' motion to remove Kama's name from the caption of this case is ALLOWED.
- 3 (Cinema)Example sentences
- The film, punctuated by captions highlighting what the party considers key achievements, wasn't so much about setting out key pledges but setting a tone and feeling for Labour's protagonists.
- To judge by the Estonian television captions, the first day of the Leaving Cert was marked by the coming together of two trade unions, EESTI and IIRIMAA.
- And on the simplest level, there was a disconcerting clash between the postmodern textuality dispensed by the singers and the humble captions on the screen.
ponerle una leyenda aExample sentences
- The photographs are carefully captioned, providing simple but interesting details about the plants and creatures.
- But the New York Times admired Magnussen's design when it was introduced and captioned its illustration of it ‘The Lights and Shadows of New York.’
- Informative text provides a running commentary, and each photo is captioned with historical details.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.