Translation of car in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cars/Automovilismo] coche (masculine), automóvil (masculine) [formal], carro (masculine) (Latin America except Southern Cone/América Latina excepto Cono Sur) , auto (masculine) (especially Southern Cone/especialmente Cono Sur) to go by car ir* en coche ( or carro etc) (before noun/delante del nombre) car accident accidente (masculine) de coches or [formal] automovilístico car deck [Nautical/Náutica] cubierta (feminine) de coches or [formal] automóviles car industry industria (feminine) automovilística or (Latin America/América Latina) automotriz car key llave (feminine) de coche car license permiso (masculine) de circulación car number (número (masculine) de la) matrícula (feminine) del coche, número (masculine) de la placa, número (masculine) de la patente (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) car valeting lavado (masculine) y limpieza interior del coche car worker trabajador, (masculine, feminine) de la industria automovilística or (Latin America/América Latina) automotrizExample sentences1.2 [Railways/Ferrocarriles] [Transport/Transporte] (for passengers, freights) vagón (masculine), coche (masculine)
- The city council is flexing its muscles after becoming the first local authority in the north west with the power to tow away cars without valid road tax.
- As dawn approached, police set up checkpoints as part of a plan to ban cars carrying fewer than four people from midtown Manhattan.
- The highway roads carry cars and trucks from the suburbs into the city.
Example sentences1.3 (of balloon) barquilla (feminine) 1.4 (of elevator) cabina (feminine)
- She was switching standard gauge cars without any kind of idler car on the three rail track.
- Our train consists of six coach class cars, a cafe car, and one business class car.
- It used mules to haul two ore cars and a flatcar one and a half miles between its mill at the foot of the mountains and its mine.
- They soon arrived at the lift, and the car arrived within ten seconds of keying for it.
- He had used the ring to get an express elevator car to the top of the Letap Center.
- The car-free village of Bettmeralp which is only accessible by a large-car cableway is located in the immediate vicinity of the impressive Aletsch Glacier.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.