Translation of car in Spanish:
- 1 (Cars)coche (masculine)to go by car
automóvil (masculine) [formal]
carro (masculine) (Latin America except Southern Cone)
auto (masculine) (especially Southern Cone)ir en coche ( or carro etc)(before noun) car accidentaccidente (masculine) de coches or [formal] automovilísticocar deck (Nautical)cubierta (feminine) de coches or [formal] automóvilescar industryindustria (feminine) automovilística or (Latin America) automotrizcar keyllave (feminine) de cochecar licensepermiso (masculine) de circulacióncar number(número (masculine) de la) matrícula (feminine) del cochecar valeting
número (masculine) de la placa
número (masculine) de la patente (Southern Cone)lavado (masculine) y limpieza interior del cochecar workerExample sentences
- The city council is flexing its muscles after becoming the first local authority in the north west with the power to tow away cars without valid road tax.
- As dawn approached, police set up checkpoints as part of a plan to ban cars carrying fewer than four people from midtown Manhattan.
- The highway roads carry cars and trucks from the suburbs into the city.
- 2 (Railways, Transport) (for passengers, freights)Example sentences
- She was switching standard gauge cars without any kind of idler car on the three rail track.
- Our train consists of six coach class cars, a cafe car, and one business class car.
- It used mules to haul two ore cars and a flatcar one and a half miles between its mill at the foot of the mountains and its mine.
- 3 (of balloon)Example sentences
- They soon arrived at the lift, and the car arrived within ten seconds of keying for it.
- He had used the ring to get an express elevator car to the top of the Letap Center.
- The car-free village of Bettmeralp which is only accessible by a large-car cableway is located in the immediate vicinity of the impressive Aletsch Glacier.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.