Translation of caravan in Spanish:
- 1.1 (group)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (vehicle)
- It is believed that the dogs got their name from travelling with caravans of traders.
- The caravan of desert travelers came over the ridges of sand, marching ceaselessly under the blazing yellow sun.
- In older books I found tales of desert caravans, raids by Bedouin clans, near starvation, and hard-won spiritual enlightenment.
(British English)gypsy caravan
- The entire entourage was traveling across a long dirt road, like a caravan, with animals and performers and equipment and everything in tow.
- Then I heard cars, and I turned to see a caravan of vehicles pulling up behind mine.
- What they're going to do about it: First, they're going to drive very slowly to Ottawa in a caravan involving dozens of cars.
rulot (feminine) (Spain)
trailer (masculine) (Latin America)
casa (feminine) rodante (Southern Cone)
tráiler (masculine) (Andes) (Mexico)carromato (masculine) de gitanosExample sentences
- More than 200 exhibitors will be offering an unrivalled selection of the very latest models of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and camping equipment.
- To anybody who has ever endured a caravan holiday in Ireland, mobile homes will always conjure up images of laminate interiors, chintzy furnishings and Travel Scrabble.
- It is also estimated that some one-in-three adults have been camping or taken a caravan holiday at some time.
intransitive verb -nn-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.