Translation of carbon in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] carbono (masculine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Electricity/Electricidad] carbón (masculine)
- Combustion, or burning, is a chemical process involving carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- It is composed mostly of isotopes of hydrogen and helium and includes 60 other elements including neon, argon carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and iron.
- Consider the top five constituents of the cosmos, in order of their abundance: hydrogen, helium, oxygen, carbon, and nitrogen.
- The carbons last approximately 2 hours and then are replaced.
- By the 1970's there was no longer a source for the 2 1/2 inch carbons that were required for this light.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (paper) carbon paper 2.2 (copy) carbon copyExample sentences
- This was in the good old days when you drew your layouts on a massive piece of grid paper outfitted with a carbon layer so there were three copies.
- All copies either had to be produced with carbons or on ‘skins’ fed through the temperamental duplicator.
- If there is a carbon, also ask for that from the clerk and shred it when you go home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the