Translation of carcass in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dead animal)[ cuerpo de animal muerto ]; (for meat) res (feminine) ([ muerta ]); (of poultry) huesos (masculine plural) move your carcass! [colloquial/familiar] ¡quítate de en medio! [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Filth, carcasses of dead animals, garbage and polythene floating on the water and piling up at the embankments narrates the horrific story about the present condition of the stream.
- Possessing keen vision, the vulture can see the carcasses of dead animals and the movements and activities of other scavengers, birds, or mammals from great distances.
- Often, during natural disasters, mosquitoes and dead animal carcasses may present disease problems.
Example sentences1.2 (remains, framework) armazón (masculine or feminine) the carcass of a wrecked ship la carcasa or el armazón or la armazón de un barco naufragado
- A prototype of a newly patented device tested at a large midwestern beef packing plant can successfully detect small amounts of fecal matter on meat animal carcasses.
- To get as much meat from animal carcasses as possible, slaughterhouses use two methods that may contaminate meat with spinal cord tissue.
- Stowing away on a meat truck, animal carcasses swung from hooks.
- Stir the red wine into the roasting tin, add the carcass and cook in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven but do not switch it off.
- Roughly chop the remaining carcasses and set aside.
- Reserve the remainder of the carcasses for the sauce.
Example sentences1.3 (of a tire) carcasa (feminine)
- The road into Nablus circuits the gaping carcasses of buildings that, I am told, have been destroyed by tanks; the road itself is cracked by the passage of heavily armoured tanks.
- It's like the heat, the flies, the carcasses of buildings, the broken streets and the haphazard walls coming up out of nowhere all over the city… it has become a part of life.
- In the end, they used two high-definition cameras to film the shores covered in ship carcasses.
- The fact that Naik still gives it primacy is appropriate, since we have persisted in dragging this rotting carcass of a social structure with us into the new century.
- Once a mining center, Goldfield is now a crumbling carcass, a living ghost town of 300 people.
- Charred carcasses of cars were tossed in deep craters along entire blocks that were pulverized.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.