- 1 (cautious) cuidadoso, prudente you should be more careful in future tendrías que tener más cuidado en el futuro you can't be too careful toda prudencia es poca (be) careful (ten) cuidado be careful going down the stairs (ten) cuidado al bajar las escaleras (be) careful you don't fall! ¡cuidado, no vayas a caerte! be careful she doesn't trick you ten cuidado de que no te vaya a engañar be careful where you step/what you say (ten) cuidado dónde pisas/con lo que dices to be careful
ofsb/sth tener* cuidado conalgn/algo be careful of pickpockets/the dog ten cuidado con los carteristas/el perro I have to be careful of drinking too much tengo que tener cuidado de no beber demasiado to be careful to + infinitive/infinitivoprocurar + infinitive/infinitivobe careful not to upset my mother procura no disgustar a mi madre I was careful to invite her as well no se me pasó por alto invitarla to be careful withsth tener* cuidado conalgo be careful with that vase ten cuidado con ese jarrón to be careful with one's money (thrifty) cuidar el dinero (mean) [euphemistic/eufemístico], mirar mucho el dineroMore example sentences
- Yes, these are tough times for everyone, but that is not why he was being so careful with his money.
- He has a reputation for being careful with money, but not with time and laughs.
- Apparently she was that she was a bit too careful with her money and died leaving millions of pounds.
- 2 (painstaking) [planning] cuidadoso; [work] cuidado, esmerado, bien hecho; [worker] meticuloso after careful consideration of all the options después de considerar detenidamente todas las opcionesMore example sentences
More example sentences
- They were careful to make sure Robinson's helmet and feet did not contact the fragile ship.
- In taking forward his company, he must be careful to make sure that the business case works for each part separately.
- An unadmitted lack of confidence makes him careful to avoid open conflict and he feels he must make the best of things as they are.
- Anti-speed campaigners in Guiseley have been rewarding careful drivers with a smile.
- Considering I was the world's most careful driver, I felt some tension creep into my body.
- It is measured objectively by the care to be expected of an experienced, skilled and careful driver.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the día de todos los santos, a day celebrated in many countries by honoring saints and, often, the departed. During this festival, Spanish people place flowers on the graves of loved ones.