Translation of careful in Spanish:
- 1 (cautious) you should be more careful in futuretendrías que tener más cuidado en el futuroyou can't be too carefultoda prudencia es poca(be) careful be careful going down the stairs(ten) cuidado al bajar las escaleras(be) careful you don't fall!¡cuidado, no vayas a caerte!be careful she doesn't trick youten cuidado de que no te vaya a engañarbe careful where you step/what you say(ten) cuidado dónde pisas/con lo que dicesto be careful
ofsomebody/somethingtener cuidadobe careful of pickpockets/the dog conalguien/algoten cuidado con los carteristas/el perroI have to be careful of drinking too muchtengo que tener cuidado de no beber demasiadoto be careful to + infinitiveprocurar +be careful not to upset my mother infinitiveprocura no disgustar a mi madreI was careful to invite her as wellno se me pasó por alto invitarlato be careful withsomethingtener cuidadobe careful with that vase conalgoten cuidado con ese jarrónto be careful with one's money (thrifty)cuidar el dinero(mean) [euphemistic]
mirar mucho el dineroExample sentences
- They were careful to make sure Robinson's helmet and feet did not contact the fragile ship.
- In taking forward his company, he must be careful to make sure that the business case works for each part separately.
- An unadmitted lack of confidence makes him careful to avoid open conflict and he feels he must make the best of things as they are.
- Yes, these are tough times for everyone, but that is not why he was being so careful with his money.
- He has a reputation for being careful with money, but not with time and laughs.
- Apparently she was that she was a bit too careful with her money and died leaving millions of pounds.
- 2 (painstaking)(planning)
cuidadoso(worker)after careful consideration of all the options
meticulosodespués de considerar detenidamente todas las opcionesExample sentences
- Anti-speed campaigners in Guiseley have been rewarding careful drivers with a smile.
- Considering I was the world's most careful driver, I felt some tension creep into my body.
- It is measured objectively by the care to be expected of an experienced, skilled and careful driver.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.