Translation of carrier in Spanish:
- 1 (company)the Dutch national carrier (Aviation)compañía (feminine) or empresa (feminine) de transportesla compañía or línea aérea nacional holandesaExample sentences
- Private carriers for a York parcel delivery company were today rejoicing at the news that they are to be paid at last.
- Since then, both carriers have undertaken costly modifications to ensure there can be no repetition of the disaster which killed all 109 people on board as well as four on the ground.
- Tourism Ireland is also involved in co-operative marketing with carriers and the travel trade and promotions include new air services into the country.
- 3 (of disease, gene)portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Asymptomatic carriers can introduce the organism into new populations.
- Approximately two-thirds of these people with chronic infection do not themselves get sick or die of the virus, but they are carriers and can transmit it to other people.
- The farmers were asking for government subsidies for the losses they have suffered due to fears that the animals are potential carriers of the virus.
- There is a 50% chance with each pregnancy that a carrier female will pass on the abnormal recessive gene.
- A male can't pass the gene for hemophilia to his sons, though all his daughters will be carriers of the disease gene.
- If no disease is present then the gene is recessive; the person is a carrier, but may pass on the defective gene to the offspring.
- 4 4.1carrier (bag) (British English) 4.2 (on bicycle — basket)Example sentences
- The weather, though rather cloudy, was ideal for the occasion and in case dehydration set in plenty of water carriers were on standby.
- They will act as emergency water pumps and carriers and have been equipped to act as mobile workshops to maintain water supplies.
- Then, the main body of troops/engineers/water carriers will arrive and pretend to be soldiers before, I suspect, running home very quickly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.