- 1 (company) compañía (feminine) or empresa (feminine) de transportes the Dutch national carrier [Aviation/Aviación] la compañía or línea aérea nacional holandesaMore example sentences
- Private carriers for a York parcel delivery company were today rejoicing at the news that they are to be paid at last.
- Since then, both carriers have undertaken costly modifications to ensure there can be no repetition of the disaster which killed all 109 people on board as well as four on the ground.
- Tourism Ireland is also involved in co-operative marketing with carriers and the travel trade and promotions include new air services into the country.
- 2(aircraft carrier)portaaviones (masculine)
- 3 (of disease, gene) portador, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Asymptomatic carriers can introduce the organism into new populations.
- Approximately two-thirds of these people with chronic infection do not themselves get sick or die of the virus, but they are carriers and can transmit it to other people.
- The farmers were asking for government subsidies for the losses they have suffered due to fears that the animals are potential carriers of the virus.
- There is a 50% chance with each pregnancy that a carrier female will pass on the abnormal recessive gene.
- A male can't pass the gene for hemophilia to his sons, though all his daughters will be carriers of the disease gene.
- If no disease is present then the gene is recessive; the person is a carrier, but may pass on the defective gene to the offspring.
- 4 4.1carrier (bag) (British English/inglés británico) bolsa (feminine) (de plástico or papel) 4.2 (on bicycle — basket) cesta (feminine), canasta (feminine); (— rack) portabultos (masculine), parrilla (feminine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) (Cuba)More example sentences
- The weather, though rather cloudy, was ideal for the occasion and in case dehydration set in plenty of water carriers were on standby.
- They will act as emergency water pumps and carriers and have been equipped to act as mobile workshops to maintain water supplies.
- Then, the main body of troops/engineers/water carriers will arrive and pretend to be soldiers before, I suspect, running home very quickly.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.