- 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Botany/Botánica] [Cookery/Cocina] zanahoria (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (incentive) incentivo (masculine) a carrot-and-stick policy una política de incentivos y amenazas
- Besides carrots, other root vegetables include turnips, parsnips, radishes, beets and rutabagas.
- The accompanying vegetables, peas, carrots and broccoli disappointed a little because they seemed to be overcooked.
- It came with seasonal vegetables including cauliflower, carrots, new potatoes and sliced courgettes.
More example sentences
- Once grown, the plants are difficult to transplant because of their long taproots - parsley is in the carrot family.
- The hand weeding can be combined with thinning in the case of the vegetables that require it, such as lettuce, carrots and Florence fennel.
- In addition, biennial weeds such as musk thistle, wild carrot, and burdock should be eliminated before establishing forage.
- We then asked ourselves which approach was actually preferable to persuade them: the carrot or the stick?
- For juveniles in this category, the Youth Drug Court Program offers both a carrot and a stick.
- I do support a carrot and a stick approach, in terms of encouraging firstly, more healthy lifestyles and more healthy living.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.