- 1.1 (humorous drawing) chiste (m) (gráfico) mono (m) (Chi) ; (caricature) caricatura (f)More example sentences1.2 [Cin] dibujos (mpl) animados
More example sentences1.3
- He also turned to satirical cartoons and illustrations for newspapers and magazines.
- There were press attacks and vicious satirical cartoons featuring Queen Victoria throughout the middle of the 19th century.
- It's an addition to the Comics page, devoted not to an artist, or a strip, or a subject, but just to a year: the newspaper cartoons of 1907.
(cartoon strip )(BrE) historieta (f), tira (f) cómica, monitos (mpl) (Chi, Méx) 1.4 [Art] cartón (m)More example sentences
- Side views are nullified as the cartoon insistently animates its characters from the front.
- Many of us have grown up with Disney cartoons and animated films and for some, they were the only kind of entertainment allowed by parents.
- His initial background as a filmmaker was in cartoons and animation film, and it shows.
- His stylish and decorative mythological paintings, tapestry cartoons, and designs for porcelain provided the setting for the lives of the rich and fashionable.
- The first of its kind in the region, the studio offers a range of artistic services including graphic design, cartoons, murals, logos and illustrations.
- He also produced tapestry cartoons and designs for theatrical sets and costumes.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...