Translation of cartwheel in Spanish:
- (wheel) rueda (feminine) ([ de carro ]); (in gymnastics) voltereta (feminine) lateral, rueda (feminine), vuelta (feminine) de carro (Mexico/México) , rueda (feminine) de carro (Urug) , medialuna (feminine) (Argentina) to do o turn a cartwheel dar* una voltereta lateral, hacer* la rueda ( or la vuelta de carro etc)Example sentences
- The first and most likely type to have been used in the Saxon period, is basically a cartwheel mounted horizontally on a pivot, the wheel being rotated by hand or with a stick.
- The archways and entrances on the town's streets are marked with limestone blocks for cartwheels to pass over, all worn with the passage of time, each archway unique in the shape and size of its own blocks.
- Certain desirable objets such as old roof tiles, an ancient cartwheel, a granite water trough and other items we hardly thought of as portable disappeared one by one from the building site.
- You are astonished to discover the man can do cartwheels, handstands and back flips.
- I could have done handsprings and cartwheels down the aisles without hitting anybody.
- She suddenly jumped into a handstand, followed by an array of back flips and cartwheels, making her way back from the stream.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.