Translation of cartwheel in Spanish:
- (wheel) rueda (feminine) ([ de carro ]); (in gymnastics) voltereta (feminine) lateral, rueda (feminine), vuelta (feminine) de carro (Mexico/México) , rueda (feminine) de carro (Urug) , medialuna (feminine) (Argentina) to do o turn a cartwheel dar* una voltereta lateral, hacer* la rueda ( or la vuelta de carro etc)Example sentences
- The first and most likely type to have been used in the Saxon period, is basically a cartwheel mounted horizontally on a pivot, the wheel being rotated by hand or with a stick.
- The archways and entrances on the town's streets are marked with limestone blocks for cartwheels to pass over, all worn with the passage of time, each archway unique in the shape and size of its own blocks.
- Certain desirable objets such as old roof tiles, an ancient cartwheel, a granite water trough and other items we hardly thought of as portable disappeared one by one from the building site.
- You are astonished to discover the man can do cartwheels, handstands and back flips.
- I could have done handsprings and cartwheels down the aisles without hitting anybody.
- She suddenly jumped into a handstand, followed by an array of back flips and cartwheels, making her way back from the stream.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the