Translation of carve in Spanish:
- 1 (Art)(wood/stone)
tallar(initials)the statue was carved from or out of a single block
grabarla estatua fue esculpida or tallada en un solo bloquebirds carved in or out of woodpájaros tallados or esculpidos en maderathe names were carved in(to) the desktopslos nombres estaban grabados en los pupitresthey carved an existence from that harsh landextrajeron su sustento de aquella tierra inhóspitaExample sentences
- It's an attractive building, dark carved wood contrasting with the white sand.
- The lavish silk upholstery and carved wood and ivory in the ‘palace on wheels’ make the current Royal train look austere by comparison.
- The exhibition features a stunning array of sculpture, using welded metal, carved wood, ceramics and experimental media.
- Next to them, several workers were carefully fine tuning the gongs to their designated tones, while the rest of the workers were carving intricate designs on wooden gong holders.
- Students are now ready to carve their designs into their linoleum blocks and make their test prints on paper.
- I think it's unfair to call it a ‘fake’ since we don't know who carved the inscription or why.
- 2 (Cooking)(slice)
- Using a sharp knife, carve the fillet into wafer thin slices.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before carving the meat off the upright carcass.
- The food fares well in terms of freshness, quantity and effort, and there's a made-to-order pasta bar and a station where roast beef is carved before your eyes.
- 1 (divide) [colloquial] [derogatory] they carved up the land among themselves
(name)to carve out a career for oneself
labrarse or forjarse un porvenir profesional
se repartieron las tierras2 (wound with knife) [slang] (person/face)
coser a puñaladas [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.