- 1 [Art] [wood/stone] tallar; [figure/bust] esculpir, tallar; [initials] grabar the statue was carved from o out of a single block la estatua fue esculpida or tallada en un solo bloque birds carved in o out of wood pájaros tallados or esculpidos en madera the names were carved in(to) the desktops los nombres estaban grabados en los pupitres they carved an existence from that harsh land extrajeron su sustento de aquella tierra inhóspitaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It's an attractive building, dark carved wood contrasting with the white sand.
- The lavish silk upholstery and carved wood and ivory in the ‘palace on wheels’ make the current Royal train look austere by comparison.
- The exhibition features a stunning array of sculpture, using welded metal, carved wood, ceramics and experimental media.
- Next to them, several workers were carefully fine tuning the gongs to their designated tones, while the rest of the workers were carving intricate designs on wooden gong holders.
- Students are now ready to carve their designs into their linoleum blocks and make their test prints on paper.
- I think it's unfair to call it a ‘fake’ since we don't know who carved the inscription or why.
- 2 [Culin] [meat] cortar, trinchar; [slice] cortarMore example sentences
- Using a sharp knife, carve the fillet into wafer thin slices.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before carving the meat off the upright carcass.
- The food fares well in terms of freshness, quantity and effort, and there's a made-to-order pasta bar and a station where roast beef is carved before your eyes.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.