Translation of case-hardened in Spanish:
- 1.1 (given hard surface) [metal] cementadoExample sentences1.2 (callous) [judge/social worker/doctor] que se ha insensibilizado
- When the stone was properly seasoned, the exposed surfaces were case-hardened, creating a finish more resistant to weathering.
- But those same flames also case-hardened developing nations.
- But, regardless of how well the interviewers are trained, case-hardened criminals are unlikely to take these bogus coppers seriously, and might find it easy to ‘pull the wool over their eyes’.
- Sometimes, even when you are a case-hardened professional, you see history differently.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.