Translation of cash in Spanish:
- 1.1 (notes and coins) I'll bank this cashwe pay cash for goldvoy a depositar or (Spain) ingresar este dinero en el banco(in) cashcompramos oro al contadoI have $100 (in) cashen efectivoen metálicohow much have you in cash?, how much cash have you?tengo 100 dólares en efectivo or metálicocash only¿cuánto dinero en efectivo tienes?pay cash (on check) (British English) cash downpagos únicamente al contadocash on delivery cash in hand cash at bankal contadocash in hand and in bank(saldo (masculine) de) bancos (masculine plural)hard o (American English) cold cash(saldos (masculine plural) de) caja y bancoscash on the barrelhead (American English) [colloquial]dinero (masculine) constante y sonante [colloquial]he paid hard o cold cash on the barrelheaddinero (masculine) en mano [colloquial]pagó con dinero contante y sonante [colloquial]pagó a tocateca (Spain) or (Mexico) al chas chas [colloquial]pagó taca taca (River Plate area) or (Colombia) rancotán or (Chile) chin chin [colloquial](before noun) (payment)en efectivo(refund)cash offeral contadocash price cash prizeoferta (feminine) de pago en efectivo or al contadopremio (masculine) en metálico or en dinero efectivoExample sentences1.2 (money, funds) [colloquial]
- Entities having cash credit accounts or bill accounts can now make repayments of their credit facilities in cash instead of a cheque or draft.
- You can take Traveller cheques, cash, and a credit card.
- In the finance office, the main coffer lock was detonated, damaging all papers, including vouchers, promissory notes, cash and cheque box.
- Health bosses said the shortage has been heightened by practices going private, claiming demand and lack of cash was affecting their ability to treat patients.
- A county council spokesman said the fund was not short of cash for paying pensioners.
- The Group remains in a negative cashflow position as it used its available cash to finance capital expenditure and retire debt.
- (check)to go to the bank to cash a checkI'll cash the check for youir al banco a cobrar un chequeyo te cambio el chequeExample sentences
- After a phone call, they informed me that if I went into Kitchener, the post office there would have the money to cash the money order.
- If we are going to be cashing cheques for the bank, we could not face the cut in payment.
- But as soon as he had finished laughing all the way to the bank and cashed the cheque, he was arrested on 24 counts of arson.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.