Translation of cash in Spanish:
- 1 (notes and coins) I'll bank this cashvoy a depositar este dinero en el bancovoy a ingresar este dinero en el banco (Spain)we pay cash for goldcompramos oro al contado(in) cashen efectivoI have $100 (in) cash
en metálicotengo 100 dólares en efectivo or metálicohow much have you in cash?, how much cash have you?¿cuánto dinero en efectivo tienes?cash onlypagos únicamente al contadopay cash (on check) (British) cash down cash on delivery cash in handsaldo (masculine) de cajacash at bank
caja (feminine)saldo (masculine) de bancoscash in hand and in bank
bancos (masculine plural)(saldos (masculine plural) de) caja y bancoshard or (US) cold cashdinero (masculine) constante y sonante [colloquial]cash on the barrelhead (US) [colloquial]dinero (masculine) contante y sonante [colloquial]dinero (masculine) en mano [colloquial]he paid hard or cold cash on the barrelheadpagó con dinero contante y sonante [colloquial]pagó a tocateca (Spain) [colloquial]pagó al chas chas (Mexico) [colloquial]pagó taca taca (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]pagó rancotán (Colombia) [colloquial]pagó chin chin (Chile) [colloquial](before noun) (payment)
en efectivo(refund)cash offer
al contadooferta (feminine) de pago en efectivo or al contadocash price cash prizepremio (masculine) en metálico or en dinero efectivoExample sentences
- Entities having cash credit accounts or bill accounts can now make repayments of their credit facilities in cash instead of a cheque or draft.
- You can take Traveller cheques, cash, and a credit card.
- In the finance office, the main coffer lock was detonated, damaging all papers, including vouchers, promissory notes, cash and cheque box.
- 2 (money, funds) [colloquial]lana (feminine) (Latin America) [colloquial]plata (feminine) (South America) [colloquial]tela (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Health bosses said the shortage has been heightened by practices going private, claiming demand and lack of cash was affecting their ability to treat patients.
- A county council spokesman said the fund was not short of cash for paying pensioners.
- The Group remains in a negative cashflow position as it used its available cash to finance capital expenditure and retire debt.
- (check)to go to the bank to cash a check
cobrarir al banco a cobrar un chequeI'll cash the check for youyo te cambio el chequeExample sentences
- After a phone call, they informed me that if I went into Kitchener, the post office there would have the money to cash the money order.
- If we are going to be cashing cheques for the bank, we could not face the cut in payment.
- But as soon as he had finished laughing all the way to the bank and cashed the cheque, he was arrested on 24 counts of arson.
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object (exchange for money) 2verb + adverb (profit)to cash in (
aprovecharse or sacar provecho (
sacar tajada (
de algo) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.