- cajero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- For much of the last fifty years the country's banks have operated as cashiers for often insolvent state enterprises, paying little attention to their ability to repay, and building up a mountain of bad debt.
- He has also pointed out the role played by women as bookkeepers and cashiers in small businesses, before they started to make an entry into the professional world of accounting.
- Operating room nurses, surgeons, bank tellers, cashiers and other people who must spend hours on their feet find compression hosiery helpful in combating circulatory problems and leg fatigue.
- Example sentences
- Although cashiered military officers formed a Legitimate Command in September 1990, they could not create an effective fighting force in exile.
- Jerome managed to be captured by Chief Joseph's men in 1877 and the army all but cashiered him, but he lived long and well on his inheritance, likely meeting his grandnephew Winston Churchill before his 1935 death.
- But he soon quarrelled with the Rump and defied its attempt to cashier him by leading a military coup in October.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.