Translation of catchment area in Spanish:
- 1 (of hospital, school)zona (feminine) de captación (distrito que corresponde a un hospital, colegio etc)Example sentences
- She said one third of pupils in her school's catchment area went to other schools, a scenario which is likely to worsen in the future.
- He said that as many as a dozen pupils live within the catchment area, but travel to the neighbouring primary school.
- The Minister acknowledged the need to provide additional accommodation for older people at the District Hospital to serve the catchment area.
- 2 (Geography)Example sentences
- The scheme is aimed at enhancing rivers and lakes in the Mayo catchment area.
- Contrary to heavy rainfall in the plains, there seems to be less rainfall in the catchment area of the Gobind Sagar reservoir in Himachal Pradesh.
- The lake overflowed as the catchment area of the lake has been receiving heavy rain for the last one week.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.