Translation of catechism in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (instruction)Example sentences1.2 countable (book)
- Early in his first premiership, Francesco Crispi changed an 1859 compulsory education law mandating that students take lessons in Scripture and catechism.
- Psalm-singing, catechism and Scripture were taught daily in school.
- Music was perhaps his best subject and he was awarded the school prize in catechism and good conduct almost every year.
- Question 64 of the catechism states that the mission of the church is to extend mercy and forgiveness to ‘the needy’ in ways that point to Christ.
- As I compare my evolutionary account of Original Sin with the catechism's exposition, I see a fairly good fit.
- The catechism explains that Original Sin ensures that each human being, as a descendant of Adam and Eve, inherits ‘a human nature deprived of original holiness and justice.’
- I ended that address with a little catechism for Catholic writers: Question 1: What is the duty of the Catholic novelist?
- Almost every morning for the past five years, she has been leading close to 500 children in a rousing, outdoor catechism about education.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.