Translation of catechism in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (instruction) catequesis (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (book) catecismo (masculine)
- Early in his first premiership, Francesco Crispi changed an 1859 compulsory education law mandating that students take lessons in Scripture and catechism.
- Psalm-singing, catechism and Scripture were taught daily in school.
- Music was perhaps his best subject and he was awarded the school prize in catechism and good conduct almost every year.
- Question 64 of the catechism states that the mission of the church is to extend mercy and forgiveness to ‘the needy’ in ways that point to Christ.
- As I compare my evolutionary account of Original Sin with the catechism's exposition, I see a fairly good fit.
- The catechism explains that Original Sin ensures that each human being, as a descendant of Adam and Eve, inherits ‘a human nature deprived of original holiness and justice.’
- I ended that address with a little catechism for Catholic writers: Question 1: What is the duty of the Catholic novelist?
- Almost every morning for the past five years, she has been leading close to 500 children in a rousing, outdoor catechism about education.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.