Translation of caterpillar in Spanish:
- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] oruga (feminine), azotador (masculine) (Mexico/México) , cuncuna (feminine) (Chile)Example sentences
- Flying to several sites to deposit eggs is a strategy used by all moths and butterflies whose caterpillars must hide from predators.
- Yet Crawley cautions that the crops his team examined had been engineered to resist herbicides, moth and butterfly caterpillars, and perhaps those qualities didn't matter much in the wild.
- The children compared one state of growth to another as the larvae became caterpillars, then butterflies.
- For much of the year, most birds feed primarily on insects - everything from caterpillars to mosquitoes, aphids, and mites.
- There are more caterpillars and other insects, which are important foods for several types of birds living in the forest understory, in thinned stands that encourage more hardwood shrubs.
- Children collect termite, snails, and the caterpillars of several insects.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the