Translation of cavalry in Spanish:
- caballería (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [charge/officer/unit] de caballeríaExample sentences
- His army's main power was based on his cavalry - horse borne soldiers.
- William's plan was to use the archers first to send their arrows into the English ranks, followed by the infantry in hand-to-hand combat and to finally advance with the cavalry who had the height and power of being on horseback.
- In previous wars, horsed cavalry had performed such a role, but cavalry were generally of little use in the trenches of the Western Front.
- How much force structure (in armored cavalry squadrons and regiments) do we have dedicated to reconnaissance and surveillance?
- Several armored cavalry regiments (brigade equivalents) could be kept as independent units.
- A regimental cavalry troop has two tank platoons, two scout platoons, and a heavy mortar section.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know Mexico City has twenty daily newspapers? The morning daily Excelsior (www.excelsior.com.mx), established in 1917, is often considered the nation's best and one of the most important newspapers of the Spanish-speaking world. La Jornada is another important daily, and there is an English-language daily, The News.