Translation of cavalry in Spanish:
- caballería (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [charge/officer/unit] de caballeríaExample sentences
- His army's main power was based on his cavalry - horse borne soldiers.
- William's plan was to use the archers first to send their arrows into the English ranks, followed by the infantry in hand-to-hand combat and to finally advance with the cavalry who had the height and power of being on horseback.
- In previous wars, horsed cavalry had performed such a role, but cavalry were generally of little use in the trenches of the Western Front.
- How much force structure (in armored cavalry squadrons and regiments) do we have dedicated to reconnaissance and surveillance?
- Several armored cavalry regiments (brigade equivalents) could be kept as independent units.
- A regimental cavalry troop has two tank platoons, two scout platoons, and a heavy mortar section.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the