Translation of cavalry in Spanish:
- (before noun) (charge/officer/unit)de caballeríaExample sentences
- His army's main power was based on his cavalry - horse borne soldiers.
- William's plan was to use the archers first to send their arrows into the English ranks, followed by the infantry in hand-to-hand combat and to finally advance with the cavalry who had the height and power of being on horseback.
- In previous wars, horsed cavalry had performed such a role, but cavalry were generally of little use in the trenches of the Western Front.
- How much force structure (in armored cavalry squadrons and regiments) do we have dedicated to reconnaissance and surveillance?
- Several armored cavalry regiments (brigade equivalents) could be kept as independent units.
- A regimental cavalry troop has two tank platoons, two scout platoons, and a heavy mortar section.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.