Translation of ceiling in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Constr] techo (masculine), cielo (masculine) rasoExample sentences1.2 (upper limit) límite (masculine), tope (masculine) wage ceiling tope (masculine) or [journalese/lenguaje periodístico] techo (masculine) salarial to set o put a ceiling on sth poner* un límite or tope a algo (before noun/delante del nombre) ceiling fan ventilador (masculine) de techo ceiling price precio (masculine) tope or límite
Example sentences1.3 [Aviation/Aviación] techo (masculine)
- Hard landscape materials are the walls, floors and ceilings of our outdoor rooms.
- The traditional Scottish tower house has flagstone floors and a vaulted ceiling in the dining room.
- The airy rooms had high ceilings; windows and doors opened onto shady verandahs.
- But many analysts agree that the new price ceilings won't limit the ability of most power companies to make a profit in the region.
- There is no natural ceiling to limit the price of market water.
- Also, strict wage ceilings were maintained on public enterprises.
- The new aircraft will also allow pilots to increase their flying hours from 150 to 200 because of the aircraft's higher operating ceiling.
- The maximum cruise speed of the aircraft is 500 km per hour and the altitude ceiling 9,500 m.
- A number of miles passed under the nose as the aircraft brushed the bottom of the weather ceiling.
- The cloud ceiling was about 9,000 feet, with a temperature of 62 degrees.
- Observations were not made in rain, snow, or fog, or when the cloud ceiling was less than 100 m AGL.
- Unfortunately the dragons can't climb above the cloud ceiling so the five travelers are stuck in the horrid weather.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.