Translation of celebration in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (event) he attended the celebrationswe ought to have a little celebrationasistió a los festejos or las festividadesdeberíamos celebrarlo or festejarloExample sentences1.2 uncountable (praise) the play is a celebration of life
la obra es un canto or [literary] una loa a la vidaExample sentences1.3 uncountable (of Mass, Communion)
- There will be no birthday parties or celebrations, except perhaps with some close friends.
- We know what 18th birthday celebrations are like, whether on the town or in houses.
- We decided to visit York to join in the celebrations for the Guy Fawkes Festival and to do some shopping.
- It seems the smaller the town the bigger the pride and the more the events of celebration.
- It's the final morning and so in celebration we order the full Irish Breakfast from the comfort of our bed.
- We were simply there to paint the town red by way of celebration for Stuart's birthday.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.