- 1.1 c u (event) fiesta (f) he attended the celebrations asistió a los festejos or las festividades we ought to have a little celebration deberíamos celebrarlo or festejarloMore example sentences1.2 u (praise) celebración (f) [literario/literary], loa (f) [literario/literary] the play is a celebration of life la obra es un canto or [literario/literary] una loa a la vida
More example sentences1.3 u (of Mass, Communion) celebración (f)
- There will be no birthday parties or celebrations, except perhaps with some close friends.
- We know what 18th birthday celebrations are like, whether on the town or in houses.
- We decided to visit York to join in the celebrations for the Guy Fawkes Festival and to do some shopping.
- It seems the smaller the town the bigger the pride and the more the events of celebration.
- It's the final morning and so in celebration we order the full Irish Breakfast from the comfort of our bed.
- We were simply there to paint the town red by way of celebration for Stuart's birthday.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.