Translation of celebration in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (event) fiesta (feminine) he attended the celebrations asistió a los festejos or las festividades we ought to have a little celebration deberíamos celebrarlo or festejarloExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (praise) celebración (feminine) [literary/literario], loa (feminine) [literary/literario] the play is a celebration of life la obra es un canto or [literary/literario] una loa a la vida
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (of Mass, Communion) celebración (feminine)
- There will be no birthday parties or celebrations, except perhaps with some close friends.
- We know what 18th birthday celebrations are like, whether on the town or in houses.
- We decided to visit York to join in the celebrations for the Guy Fawkes Festival and to do some shopping.
- It seems the smaller the town the bigger the pride and the more the events of celebration.
- It's the final morning and so in celebration we order the full Irish Breakfast from the comfort of our bed.
- We were simply there to paint the town red by way of celebration for Stuart's birthday.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.