Translation of celebration in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (event) he attended the celebrationsasistió a los festejos or las festividadeswe ought to have a little celebrationdeberíamos celebrarlo or festejarloExample sentences
- There will be no birthday parties or celebrations, except perhaps with some close friends.
- We know what 18th birthday celebrations are like, whether on the town or in houses.
- We decided to visit York to join in the celebrations for the Guy Fawkes Festival and to do some shopping.
- 2 uncountable (praise)celebración (feminine) [literary]loa (feminine) [literary]the play is a celebration of lifela obra es un canto a la vidala obra es una loa a la vida [literary]Example sentences
- It seems the smaller the town the bigger the pride and the more the events of celebration.
- It's the final morning and so in celebration we order the full Irish Breakfast from the comfort of our bed.
- We were simply there to paint the town red by way of celebration for Stuart's birthday.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.