Translation of cell in Spanish:
- 1 (in prison, monastery, honeycomb)Example sentences
- So what that means is that he's locked up at night in a prison cell on his own, so that's solitary confinement.
- The change of status would also mean that Tommy has to be transferred from a detention cell to a prison room, which he has to share with other convicts.
- At 2pm on Tuesday last all 190 prisoners were locked in their cells as prison officers staged a one-hour walk-out.
- Then there's the honeycomb shades, so called because in profile they look like cells of a honeycomb strung together.
- Once the honey is gooey enough, the bees seal off the cell of the honeycomb with a plug of wax.
- The interior of a cell contains structures called organelles that can be compared to the organs in a body.
- 2 (Biology)(before noun) (division/wall)a single cell animal
celularun animal unicelularExample sentences
- When this occurs, the cytoplasm from the two cells fuses, but the nuclei remain separate and distinct.
- The scientists also produced a continuously growing line of cultured embryonic germ cells.
- Even mammals have nucleated red blood cells in their bone marrow.
- The plaque deposits did not form cell casts or polyhedra and did not penetrate into the cell cavities, but were an external deposit only.
- 3 (Electricity)Example sentences
- This is said to be important when welding heat-sensitive parts such as miniature battery cells or sensitive electronic devices.
- In addition to electrical conduction, the cells are polarized by the force of applied voltage.
- A few years ago, the companies involved in the voltage race tried to get more cells in NiCad battery packs to power bigger tools.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.