Translation of cement in Spanish:
- 1 (Construction)Example sentences
- We were having some building work done and there was cement, sand and mortar lying around.
- Construction methods are traditional: earth bricks, stone, gravel, cement and sand, with flat or thatched roofs.
- This figure is the ratio of sand to the sum of the Portland cement, lime, and mortar cement or masonry cement in the mortar.
- The room is constructed of cinderblocks, gravel, and cement, giving it a very old-fashioned medieval dungeon like appearance.
- West Wiltshire MP Andrew Murrison has challenged the Environment Agency's plans to allow the burning of toxic waste in cement and lime kilns.
- The exuberant, deadly light embraced the dank alley as it sped toward Zarl, uprooting the earth once trapped by cement and gravel.
- 2 (Dentistry)Example sentences
- All electrodes were soldered to a miniature socket, which was attached to the skull with dental cement.
- The Israeli surgeons say that a form of root canal treatment by injection of cement may be effective in a range of bone and joint disorders.
- Bonding between the cement and dental hard tissues is achieved through an ionic exchange at the interface.
- 3 (glue)Example sentences
- ‘Hey Adam thanks for letting me use your spiking glue and spiking cement today,’ Ian said.
- I placed the front panel of California face down on the floor and used Dap Weldwood contact cement to glue side-pieces along the edges.
- If you have quick-set epoxy or muffler cement, patch the leaks after allowing the damaged section to dry thoroughly.
- 4 (uniting element)Example sentences
- Without effective state support for disciplinary sanctions, voluntary consensus was the only real cement for community.
- Islam was the cement he used to unite the Arab tribes; commerce was to be the only noble occupation.
- We may regard the DANCE ANNUAL DIRECTORY as a bunch of names and numbers, but it truly is the cement of our community.
- 1 (Construction)unir con cementoto cement something (over)revestir algo de cemento
cementar algo (Latin America)Example sentences
- I made a start yesterday by cementing the first supporting post in but I'll have to wait till the weekend till I can get back to it.
- The nearby Jubilee Garden, next to the Old Bell Hotel, has four benches, which have been cemented to the ground because of previous problems with vandalism.
- The concrete blocks were placed on the street's surface, using interlocking sections and were not cemented to the ground.
- 3 (make firm)Example sentences
- Finally, elitist condescension, however merited, helps cement Bush's bond to the masses.
- Apart from creating employment is also serves to enhance the area and cement community and social bonds.
- Malinowski found that kula cements social bonds between island groups, and according to anthropologist Richard Harper this makes it an ideal basis for new ways to make technology useful.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.