- 1.1 [Constr] cemento (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Dentistry/Odontología] empaste (masculine), cemento (masculine)
- We were having some building work done and there was cement, sand and mortar lying around.
- Construction methods are traditional: earth bricks, stone, gravel, cement and sand, with flat or thatched roofs.
- This figure is the ratio of sand to the sum of the Portland cement, lime, and mortar cement or masonry cement in the mortar.
More example sentences1.3 (glue) adhesivo (masculine)
- The room is constructed of cinderblocks, gravel, and cement, giving it a very old-fashioned medieval dungeon like appearance.
- West Wiltshire MP Andrew Murrison has challenged the Environment Agency's plans to allow the burning of toxic waste in cement and lime kilns.
- The exuberant, deadly light embraced the dank alley as it sped toward Zarl, uprooting the earth once trapped by cement and gravel.
More example sentences1.4 (uniting element) aglutinante (masculine)
- All electrodes were soldered to a miniature socket, which was attached to the skull with dental cement.
- The Israeli surgeons say that a form of root canal treatment by injection of cement may be effective in a range of bone and joint disorders.
- Bonding between the cement and dental hard tissues is achieved through an ionic exchange at the interface.
More example sentences
- ‘Hey Adam thanks for letting me use your spiking glue and spiking cement today,’ Ian said.
- I placed the front panel of California face down on the floor and used Dap Weldwood contact cement to glue side-pieces along the edges.
- If you have quick-set epoxy or muffler cement, patch the leaks after allowing the damaged section to dry thoroughly.
- Without effective state support for disciplinary sanctions, voluntary consensus was the only real cement for community.
- Islam was the cement he used to unite the Arab tribes; commerce was to be the only noble occupation.
- We may regard the DANCE ANNUAL DIRECTORY as a bunch of names and numbers, but it truly is the cement of our community.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the