Translation of central in Spanish:
- 1 (main) 1.1(office/library)central station the central government/bank
centralel gobierno/banco centralthe car has central lockingel coche tiene cierre centralizado (de puertas)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 to play a central role/part in something
- In the middle of its central courtyard rises a large stupa, which once contained large Buddhist images.
- The whole lake area is divided into five parts, the northeast, the southeast, the northwest, the southwest and the central area.
- Council cabinet members next week are expected to approve a proposal that would see the pilot project extended to cover the Maltby and central Rotherham area.
jugar un papel primordial or fundamental en algoto be central
- But the principle is central to Brown's personal election campaign.
- He used this genuine mandate to end American's war in Korea; the issue had been central to his campaign.
- This arrangement is based on Steiner's Fundamental Social Principle and has been central to the Camphill ethos.
tosomethingthis is central to the success of the projectesto es fundamental para que el proyecto sea un éxitohis reinstatement is central to our demandssu readmisión es uno de los puntos clave de nuestras reivindicaciones
- 2 (in the center) 2.1(area/street/location)our office is very central
céntriconuestra oficina está en una zona céntrica or en un lugar muy céntricoin central Chicagoen el centro de Chicago2.2 (Anatomy) 2.3 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- In view of the time required to move to more peripheral vowel positions, tense vowels tend to be peripheral and lax vowels closer to schwa, the neutral or central vowel.
- The near-open central vowel is a type of vowel sound, used in some spoken languages.
- Some linguists claim that it is a back vowel, others argue that it is a central vowel.
- The new capital required a secure and central location, easily accessible from all parts of the state.
- Other advantages of our facility here are the central and easily accessible location, plus plenty of free parking.
- Changes in user access requirements can be entered from the central location for all building occupants.
- (American English) (History)
central (feminine) telefónica
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.