noun/nombrec and u
- 1.1 (plant, grain) cereal (masculine) to grow cereals cultivar cerealesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- The inclusion rates of finely ground feed should be kept to a minimum (for example, ground cereals, maize gluten).
- The higher inflation levels as observed in November were largely attributed to rising food prices especially mealie meal, maize grain, cereals and cereal products, meat, fish and kapenta.
- Prepared from germinated and sprouted grain and cereals, their food is rich in various nutrients, vitamins and enzymes and also helps in curing constipation, acidity, piles and skin diseases.
(breakfast cereal)cereales (masculine plural)
- Maize silage and whole crop cereals (eg triticale) are two such alternative forages.
- Agriculture includes livestock-rearing, viticulture, and crops such as cereals, sugar beet, and potatoes.
- The winning presentation compared the use of various levels of untreated dairy sludge and vermicomposted dairy sludge for growing vegetables, cereals, grass and flowers.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.