Translation of certify in Spanish:
transitive verb certifies, certifying, certified
- 1(facts/claim/truth/death)this is to certify that …
certificarpor la presente certifico que or doy fe de que …experts have certified the coins as genuinelos expertos han certificado la autenticidad de las monedasExample sentences
- He certifies the statements made above are correct and complete.
- He was certified dead at Fairfield General Hospital.
- The man, in his early 20s, was certified dead at the scene.
- 2 (declare insane) (usually passive)declarar dementehe should be certified! [colloquial]¡está para que lo encierren! [colloquial]está más loco que una cabra [colloquial]Example sentences
- With the exception of those who can be certified insane, these homeless people cannot be detained anywhere against their will.
- My husband and I have been happily married for 27 years and are known to be certified insane.
- Only four of the eighteen are, or have been, certified insane.
- 3 (license) (US) he isn't certified to teach in this stateno está habilitado para ejercer la docencia en este estado
- 4also: certified past participle(US) certified accountant (British)contador titulado (contadora titulada) (masculine, feminine) (Latin America)contable titulado (contable titulada) (masculine, feminine) (Spain)certified checkcheque (masculine) certificado or conformadocertified mail certified milkleche (feminine) con garantía sanitariacertified public accountant (US)censor jurado (censora jurada (masculine, feminine) de cuentas) (Spain)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.