n (plural -vixes or, -vices /-vəsiːz/)
- 1 (of womb) cuello (masculine) del úteroMore example sentences
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
- Both of these techniques can be used throughout pregnancy to allow a closer look at the cervix and lower uterus.
- The IUD is inserted through the cervix and into the womb, while the vagina is held open as in a cervical smear test.
- 2 (neck) [formal] cerviz (feminine)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.