Translation of cervix in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -vixes or, -vices /-vəsiːz/)
- 1 (of womb) cuello (masculine) del úteroExample sentences
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
- Both of these techniques can be used throughout pregnancy to allow a closer look at the cervix and lower uterus.
- The IUD is inserted through the cervix and into the womb, while the vagina is held open as in a cervical smear test.
- 2 (neck) [formal] cerviz (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas