Translation of chain in Spanish:
- 1 she was wearing a gold chainllevaba una cadena de orothe bicycle chainla cadena de la bicicletato pull the chain (esp British English)tirar (de) la cadenajalar la cadena (Latin America exc Southern Cone)chain of office(collar que es atributo de un cargo oficial)to be in chainsestar encadenado(to make o form) a human chainExample sentences
- This example would have been worn on a chain round the neck, proudly displayed like an order or badge of loyalty.
- He approached a car queueing at the drive-through, reached through the window and grabbed a gold chain from round the driver's neck.
- Dressed up in a track suit with a baseball cap, rings on his finger and a silver chain round his neck, the 25 years old explains to the Vacuum how to get most of the brew.
- 2 (series) a chain of eventsuna cadena de acontecimientosuna concatenación de acontecimientos [formal]a chain of ideasuna serie de ideas encadenadas or eslabonadaschain of command atom chaincadena de átomosExample sentences
- It's a chain of successful events strung together to accomplish one goal.
- The uncertainty surrounding him would cause a chain of events and interviews, due diligence any team looking to acquire Williams in a trade would insist upon.
- The full direction is therefore necessary where ‘… lies constitute an important element in the chain of proof.’
- 3 (Business) a hotel chainuna cadena hotelera or de hotelesExample sentences
- Most houses in the UK are sold as links in a chain, where buyers and sellers are all linked together in sequence.
- For those in a chain, vendors should be aware that the days of the easily obtainable bridging loan are long gone.
- I put an offer in on October 10 and we're stuck in a chain and have no idea when it'll be sorted.
- 4 (British English) (in property purchase)(situación en la cual la venta de una propiedad depende de que el eventual comprador venda la suya o que el vendedor compre otra)
- 5 (unit of measurement) (History)(22 yardas o 20,12 metros)Example sentences
- Shallow streams and intermittent streams without well defined channel or banks are not meandered, even when more than 3 chains wide.
- Regular lots are 30 chains wide and 66.67 chains in depth.
- The original family home built in 1123 AD is a traditional square Norman castle four chains wide with turrets two chains high at each of the four corners.
- to chain something/somebody
tosomethingencadenar algo/a alguienthey were chained to the railings aalgoestaban encadenados a las rejasI don't want to be chained to the house all dayno quiero estar todo el día metida or encerrada en casaExample sentences
- There was nothing we could have done to make this more secure, short of chaining the airplanes to the ground.
- Once in place, the loadmasters had to chain the heavily armored vehicles securely to the floor.
- For Brockovich, being an environmentalist is not about chaining oneself to a tree but ‘intercepting deceit.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.