Translation of chain in Spanish:
- 1.1 cadena (feminine) she was wearing a gold chain llevaba una cadena de oro the bicycle chain la cadena de la bicicleta to pull the chain (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) tirar (de) la cadena, jalar la cadena (Latin America except Southern Cone/América Latina excepto Cono Sur) chain of office[ collar que es atributo de un cargo oficial ] to be in chains estar* encadenado (to make o form) a human chain (hacer* or formar) una cadena humanaExample sentences1.2 (series) cadena (feminine) a chain of events una cadena or [formal] concatenación de acontecimientos a chain of ideas una serie de ideas encadenadas or eslabonadas chain of command cadena de mando atom chain cadena de átomos
Example sentences1.3 [Business/Comercio] cadena (feminine) a hotel chain una cadena hotelera or de hoteles
- This example would have been worn on a chain round the neck, proudly displayed like an order or badge of loyalty.
- He approached a car queueing at the drive-through, reached through the window and grabbed a gold chain from round the driver's neck.
- Dressed up in a track suit with a baseball cap, rings on his finger and a silver chain round his neck, the 25 years old explains to the Vacuum how to get most of the brew.
Example sentences1.4 (British English/inglés británico) (in property purchase) [ situación en la cual la venta de una propiedad depende de que el eventual comprador venda la suya o que el vendedor compre otra ] 1.5 (unit of measurement) [History/Historia][ 22 yardas o 20,12 metros ]
- It's a chain of successful events strung together to accomplish one goal.
- The uncertainty surrounding him would cause a chain of events and interviews, due diligence any team looking to acquire Williams in a trade would insist upon.
- The full direction is therefore necessary where ‘… lies constitute an important element in the chain of proof.’
- You'd think I wasn't sitting here, cash (sorta) buyer, no chain.
- I am beginning to wonder if you want to sell me a property - I am a cash buyer, I have no chain - what's going on?
- There's apparently no chain on the other end, so moving in should be as fast as it takes to sort out the paperwork - maybe four to six weeks.
- Shallow streams and intermittent streams without well defined channel or banks are not meandered, even when more than 3 chains wide.
- Regular lots are 30 chains wide and 66.67 chains in depth.
- The original family home built in 1123 AD is a traditional square Norman castle four chains wide with turrets two chains high at each of the four corners.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
chain upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento encadenar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the