- 1 (chew)Example sentences
- The sound behind him of the horses champing and snorting and the carriage creaking propelled him reluctantly up the stairs.
- A pervasive gloom hung over this place, woven into the very stillness of the air, disturbed only by the thud of hooves on fallen leaves and now and then a soft clink as one of the mares champed her bit.
- And his horse in the silence champed the grasses
- No kicking under the table or champing on food during silent grace. No skipping or running in the hallways.
- There was a loud champing sound outside, and occasionally growls or grumbling.
- His jaws champed spasmodically, froth appeared on his blackened lips.
- 2 (be eager) they were champing with impatiencesaltaban de impaciencia→ bit2 9
- [colloquial]campeón, (-peona) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- I like the Vikings as NFC champs and Super Bowl runners-up.
- The Japanese baseball champs douse their star with Sapporo beer (I love the beer goggles - literally).
- I went to high school with future champs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.