- 1.1 (chew)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (be eager) See examples: they were champing with impatience
- The sound behind him of the horses champing and snorting and the carriage creaking propelled him reluctantly up the stairs.
- A pervasive gloom hung over this place, woven into the very stillness of the air, disturbed only by the thud of hooves on fallen leaves and now and then a soft clink as one of the mares champed her bit.
- And his horse in the silence champed the grasses
→ bit2 9saltaban de impaciencia
- No kicking under the table or champing on food during silent grace. No skipping or running in the hallways.
- There was a loud champing sound outside, and occasionally growls or grumbling.
- His jaws champed spasmodically, froth appeared on his blackened lips.
- [colloquial]campeón, (-peona) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- I like the Vikings as NFC champs and Super Bowl runners-up.
- The Japanese baseball champs douse their star with Sapporo beer (I love the beer goggles - literally).
- I went to high school with future champs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.