Translation of champion in Spanish:
- 1 (Sport)the world swimming championcampeón, (-peona) (masculine, feminine)el campeón mundial de nataciónExample sentences
- Britain's recent dearth of sporting champions has also been blamed on schemes that oppose competitiveness.
- The competition ensured that the champion was decided only in the last round of the league.
- What we need is a gladiatorial contest between the representative champions of each political party.
- 2 (History) she's a champion of lost causeses una defensora de pleitos perdidos or de causas perdidasExample sentences
- The River Knights watched intensely as one of their own, their champion, Christopher Knight fought John Pavin, their evil nemesis.
- She had never so much as read about medieval knights, and now she had to fight like a champion.
- Despite the occasional champion who amassed riches, most fighters came from extremely poor families, and they remained poor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.