- 1 [Sport/Deporte] campeón, (masculine, feminine) the world swimming champion el campeón mundial de nataciónMore example sentences
- Britain's recent dearth of sporting champions has also been blamed on schemes that oppose competitiveness.
- The competition ensured that the champion was decided only in the last round of the league.
- What we need is a gladiatorial contest between the representative champions of each political party.
- 2 [History/Historia] paladín (masculine), campeón (masculine) she's a champion of lost causes es una defensora de pleitos perdidos or de causas perdidasMore example sentences
- The River Knights watched intensely as one of their own, their champion, Christopher Knight fought John Pavin, their evil nemesis.
- She had never so much as read about medieval knights, and now she had to fight like a champion.
- Despite the occasional champion who amassed riches, most fighters came from extremely poor families, and they remained poor.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- abogar* por, defender*
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to