Translation of champion in Spanish:
- 1 [Sport/Deporte] campeón, (masculine, feminine) the world swimming champion el campeón mundial de nataciónExample sentences
- Britain's recent dearth of sporting champions has also been blamed on schemes that oppose competitiveness.
- The competition ensured that the champion was decided only in the last round of the league.
- What we need is a gladiatorial contest between the representative champions of each political party.
- 2 [History/Historia] paladín (masculine), campeón (masculine) she's a champion of lost causes es una defensora de pleitos perdidos or de causas perdidasExample sentences
- The River Knights watched intensely as one of their own, their champion, Christopher Knight fought John Pavin, their evil nemesis.
- She had never so much as read about medieval knights, and now she had to fight like a champion.
- Despite the occasional champion who amassed riches, most fighters came from extremely poor families, and they remained poor.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- abogar* por, defender*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.