- 1.1 c [Sport] (often pl) campeonato (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- For the first time, an NFL championship game would be decided in sudden-death overtime.
- The winner of each division would meet in a championship game at the end of the season.
- Apart from the fine display of hurling this was also one of the real sporting games of the championship.
More example sentences1.2 u (of cause) defensa (f)
- This allowed Stirling to go on to add the title to his Bishopscourt championship.
- The two rivals have been engaged in previous tough tussles for the national championship title.
- These two titles in Barcelona take his world championship tally of titles to five.
- That would at least be in line with his long-established championship of lost causes.
- Such people are not notable for their championship of libertarian causes outside the economic field.
- When C. P. Scott died, the innumerable tributes to him all emphasized his courage and integrity, his humanitarianism and his championship of unpopular causes.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.