Translation of championship in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Sport/Deporte] (often plural/frecuentemente plural) campeonato (masculine)Example sentences
- For the first time, an NFL championship game would be decided in sudden-death overtime.
- The winner of each division would meet in a championship game at the end of the season.
- Apart from the fine display of hurling this was also one of the real sporting games of the championship.
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of cause) defensa (feminine)
- This allowed Stirling to go on to add the title to his Bishopscourt championship.
- The two rivals have been engaged in previous tough tussles for the national championship title.
- These two titles in Barcelona take his world championship tally of titles to five.
- That would at least be in line with his long-established championship of lost causes.
- Such people are not notable for their championship of libertarian causes outside the economic field.
- When C. P. Scott died, the innumerable tributes to him all emphasized his courage and integrity, his humanitarianism and his championship of unpopular causes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.