Translation of chancellor in Spanish:
- 1.1Chancellor (of the Exchequer) (in UK) ≈ ministro, (masculine, feminine) de Economía/HaciendaExample sentences1.2 (premier) canciller (masculine and feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (of university) rector, (masculine, feminine)
- Our Chancellor and First Minister are not of a type.
- Though Brown would not challenge Smith personally for the leadership, as the new shadow chancellor he challenged his policy.
- Crisis teams were immediately formed in the Foreign Ministry and the chancellor's office.
- It provided West Germany's first three Chancellors: Adenauer, Erhard, and Kiesinger.
- Adolf Hitler was the Chancellor and Fuhrher of Germany.
- After all, nobody gets worked up when German Chancellors commemorate the thousands of ordinary soldiers who died for their motherland during the war.
- He also faxed a message to the university chancellor and education minister.
- In Edinburgh's case, rectors come second in the formal hierarchy of the university, after the chancellor but before the principal.
- Dorothy will be presented with her honorary degree by the university's chancellor Lord Chris Patten of Barnes.
- The new academic standards are part of a series of NCAA reforms championed by Division I university presidents and chancellors.
- The staff conveyed these concerns to the current chancellor after he took office in January 2000.
- The remainder of the $6 million was committed by the presidents and chancellors of the participating universities, Schell said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.