Translation of chancellor in Spanish:
- 1Chancellor (of the Exchequer) (in UK)≈ ministro (-tra) (masculine, feminine) de Economía/HaciendaExample sentences
- Our Chancellor and First Minister are not of a type.
- Though Brown would not challenge Smith personally for the leadership, as the new shadow chancellor he challenged his policy.
- Crisis teams were immediately formed in the Foreign Ministry and the chancellor's office.
- 2 (premier)Example sentences
- It provided West Germany's first three Chancellors: Adenauer, Erhard, and Kiesinger.
- Adolf Hitler was the Chancellor and Fuhrher of Germany.
- After all, nobody gets worked up when German Chancellors commemorate the thousands of ordinary soldiers who died for their motherland during the war.
- 3 (of university)Example sentences
- He also faxed a message to the university chancellor and education minister.
- In Edinburgh's case, rectors come second in the formal hierarchy of the university, after the chancellor but before the principal.
- Dorothy will be presented with her honorary degree by the university's chancellor Lord Chris Patten of Barnes.
- The new academic standards are part of a series of NCAA reforms championed by Division I university presidents and chancellors.
- The staff conveyed these concerns to the current chancellor after he took office in January 2000.
- The remainder of the $6 million was committed by the presidents and chancellors of the participating universities, Schell said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.