Translation of chandler in Spanish:
- 1.1 (maker of candles)[ fabricante de velas ]Example sentences1.2 [Nautical/Náutica] (ship's) chandler proveedor (masculine) de buques
- There is also a special crafts Christmas market with workshops of gold and silversmiths, furriers, chandlers, bookbinders, and bakers at the St. Margareth's Church.
- It seemed that every trades-man in the county, from the black-smith to the chandler, came out of the wood-work to proclaim that he was beholden to them.
- The son of a tallow chandler, Collins was 14 when he arrived in Salisbury - a small town bounded by the river running alongside its High Street on its west side and Culver Street to the east.
- As he was walking past a ship chandler's shop, he was shocked to see handcuffs, leg shackles, and thumbscrews in the window.
- George Townsend Cole's Portrait of Henry Thomas Lambert, a master sail maker and ship chandler in Wapping, shows a man proud of all he has achieved.
- Buoyancy bags for instance are available from several boat manufacturers and yacht chandlers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.