Translation of chant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Music, Religion) Gregorian/plain chantcanto (masculine) gregoriano/llanoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (slogan — of demonstrators)
- Although I enjoy chants and church music quite a bit, I had not, for some time, felt the need to attend a church service.
- At Milan, where at first he used to come to the cathedral to admire Ambrose's oratorical skill, he found himself not only impressed by the content of the discourses but also gripped by the psalm chants.
- Contrast was provided by alternating choral chant with passages sung by soloists.
- It's a style that characterises Byzantine chant, which emerged in the Eastern Church, and is continued in today's Greek Orthodox tradition.
- A noted musicologist whose interests include chant, medieval music and Tudor keyboard music, he has written many chamber and choral pieces.
- Symphony No 3 is a more expansive, more fully developed piece which emerged from a protracted period of study of chant and early polyphony.
- The rhythmic chant spread through the crowd of hundreds of thousands that filled Kiev's Independence Square on the evening of November 22.
- Shouts and chants went up from the crowd as the lights drifted nearer.
- And then they are off again, singing and repeating the chant over and over.
- 1.1 (Music, Religion)salmodiar1.2(crowd/demonstrators/fans)
- 1.1 (Music, Religion)salmodiar1.2(crowd)
- Republican slogans were chanted and around 20 protesters attempted to hold a sit-down protest in the middle of the street.
- At recess, the teacher found a group of her girls chanting that slogan on the playground.
- They really are better at wearing the ribbons and badges, chanting the slogans and marching on the demonstrations.
- If the death is a long prolonged death, then we like to chant certain texts, so that the dying person hears the name of God recited constantly.
- Nevertheless, it is customary for newlyweds to attend the local monastery later for a blessing and a simple ceremony in which texts are chanted.
- They sing devotional songs in praise of the lord, and holy texts are chanted throughout the night.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.