Translation of characterize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (be typical of) caracterizar*Example sentences1.2 (describe) calificar* to characterize sth/sb
- Australian media organizations do not seem to have been characterized by enlightened personnel practices.
- A predilection for forms over human figures characterises her work in installation art.
- It was a social relationship characterized by an unequal distribution of power and resources.
assth calificar* algo/a algn dealgo I would characterize her as honest and hardworking la calificaría de honrada y trabajadora 1.3 [Literat] describir* ([ a personajes de ficción ]) 1.4 [Theater/Teatro] caracterizar*Example sentences
- It's just not accurate to characterize newspaper design as anything but dynamic.
- How could we characterise the nature of conflicts that have emerged throughout the world?
- Some historians characterize Du Bois's thinking as riddled with contradiction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.