Translation of chat in Spanish:
- conversación (feminine) (esp Latin America)to have a chat with somebodycharlar or hablar or (esp Latin America) conversar or (Central America) (Mexico) platicar con alguienit's time we had a serious chates hora de que hablemos seriamenteI'll have a chat with him about his behaviorhablaré con él or le hablaré sobre su comportamientoExample sentences
- There have been many similar wine-fuelled conversations, conspiratorial chats over coffee, or long-winded email dialogues.
- How do they like to communicate - by e-mail, voicemail or an informal chat when you drop by their office?
- Last week you were having cosy, informal chats in their office, now you're getting the brush-off whenever you try to instigate a meeting.
intransitive verb -tt-
- 1 (talk)to chat (
too withsomebody)charlar or hablar or (esp Latin America) conversar or (Central America) (Mexico) platicar ( conalguien)Example sentences
- The giant woman sat with them for a while, bartering and chatting in a friendly and motherly way.
- Minutes before he arrived, Charlotte had been sober, and was chatting to her friend.
- At home she likes it cosy: snuggling up on a sofa with a book, chatting to friends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.