- 1.1 (jingoist) chovinista (masculine and feminine), patriotero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences1.2 (sexist) machista (masculine) (male) chauvinist machista (masculine)
More example sentences
- To believe this, you need to be not just a patriot but a chauvinist.
- Secondly, even the most extreme leftists tend to start from the position of equality between persons, whereas extreme rightists are typically chauvinists.
- He may have to deal with a realignment of his own, especially if his party's move to formally dump its pro-independence platform upsets the minority of diehard chauvinists.
- Male chauvinists, if anything, should be the ones supporting such government folly - not aspiring feminists!
- We have no doubt that if women put their heads together, they can overcome the barriers mounted by male chauvinists.
- You would be forgiven for thinking that such sentiments had been mouthed by a male chauvinist in the 19th century, or that they are perhaps a parody of our ancestors' unenlightened mindset.
adjective/adjetivo ( also chauvinistic /ˌʃəʊvəˈnɪstɪk; ˌʃəʊvɪˈnɪstɪk/)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.