Translation of chauvinist in Spanish:
- 1.1 (jingoist)patriotero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (sexist) (male) chauvinist
- To believe this, you need to be not just a patriot but a chauvinist.
- Secondly, even the most extreme leftists tend to start from the position of equality between persons, whereas extreme rightists are typically chauvinists.
- He may have to deal with a realignment of his own, especially if his party's move to formally dump its pro-independence platform upsets the minority of diehard chauvinists.
- Male chauvinists, if anything, should be the ones supporting such government folly - not aspiring feminists!
- We have no doubt that if women put their heads together, they can overcome the barriers mounted by male chauvinists.
- You would be forgiven for thinking that such sentiments had been mouthed by a male chauvinist in the 19th century, or that they are perhaps a parody of our ancestors' unenlightened mindset.
adjective chauvinistic Pronunciation: /ˌʃəʊvəˈnɪstɪk/, /ˌʃəʊvɪˈnɪstɪk/
- 1.1 (jingoistic) 1.2 (sexist) (male) chauvinist pig [colloquial]machista (masculine) asqueroso [colloquial]Example sentences
- Incapable of making any broad appeal, the presidential contenders will resort to electoral fraud, character assassination, chauvinist appeals and outright violence to boost their chances.
- No one has been charged or convicted with this or any of the previous crimes, which, given the chauvinist attitudes rampant among the police force, is hardly a shock.
- The internal politics of Europe have been changed in ways that are only beginning to emerge, with great dangers in racist and chauvinist politics, yet also with great promise of more integrative and dynamic cultural growth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than