Translation of chauvinist in Spanish:
- 1.1 (jingoist) chovinista (masculine and feminine), patriotero, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (sexist) machista (masculine) (male) chauvinist machista (masculine)
- To believe this, you need to be not just a patriot but a chauvinist.
- Secondly, even the most extreme leftists tend to start from the position of equality between persons, whereas extreme rightists are typically chauvinists.
- He may have to deal with a realignment of his own, especially if his party's move to formally dump its pro-independence platform upsets the minority of diehard chauvinists.
- Male chauvinists, if anything, should be the ones supporting such government folly - not aspiring feminists!
- We have no doubt that if women put their heads together, they can overcome the barriers mounted by male chauvinists.
- You would be forgiven for thinking that such sentiments had been mouthed by a male chauvinist in the 19th century, or that they are perhaps a parody of our ancestors' unenlightened mindset.
adjective/adjetivo ( also chauvinistic /ˌʃəʊvəˈnɪstɪk; ˌʃəʊvɪˈnɪstɪk/)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the