Translation of cheek in Spanish:
- 1 countable (Anatomy) 1.1 (of the face)cachete (masculine) (Latin America) [colloquial]cheek by jowl with somebodyuno junto al otroto turn the other cheekdar la otra mejillaExample sentences1.2 (buttock) [colloquial]
cachete (masculine) (Southern Cone) [colloquial]Example sentences
- As it was, I felt a burning pain on my left cheek below my eye and all over my arm.
- His wheat colored hair appeared to have never been cut; reaching to his shoulders to cover up the hallow cheeks and stopping just below his jaw line.
- He must have been studying the bruised lump on the right side of my forehead and long red cut on my cheek below.
- They slapped the cheeks of their buttocks and made facial parodies that I found embarrassing.
- When they stood up for a hymn, he noticed that her dress was tucked into the cheeks of her posterior.
- But as soon as my cheeks eased their way onto the firm, but well-cushioned seat, I was converted.
- She also had the cheek to question our lack of footpaths!
- They had the cheek to ask me if I could work tonight.
- I can't believe someone had the cheek to write this letter.
- 2 uncountable [colloquial] 2.1 (impudence)descaro (masculine)he had the cheek to …
cara (feminine) [colloquial]
morro (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial]
patudez (feminine) (Chile) [colloquial]tuvo el descaro or la frescura ( or la cara etc) de …what (a) cheek!¡qué cara (más dura)! [colloquial]¡qué caradura es! [colloquial]2.2 (impudent words) (British English)insolencias (feminine plural)to give somebody a lot of cheek
impertinencias (feminine plural)ser muy insolente con alguien
- (British English) [colloquial]Example sentences
- When I like someone I find I do that terrible thing of giving them a bit of cheek and I am sorry to say that I cheeked the great man himself this very day.
- They cheeked us back and we told them it wasn't a playground and shouted get out.
- He was cheeking teachers for the first time since she had known him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.