- [person/expression/smile] alegre, jovial; [color/clothes/decor] alegre; [news/prospect] alentadorMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Linda was a bubbly, happy, cheerful girl who came from a big loving family.
- A shy and gentle person, always cheerful and happy, she will be sadly missed by all who knew her.
- He always remained the same happy cheerful bloke despite his success.
- Lurking just below the surface, they are traps for the unwary and their cheerful colour is a magnet for children.
- He wants to buy a big old house with cheerful colours and a large garden for the children.
- This cheerful, amusing picture appeared before my eyes this morning and made me smile.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.