Translation of chemical in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- sustancia (feminine) química
producto (masculine) químicoExample sentences
- There is often more than one synthetic route for preparing a desired chemical.
- Also, the chemical plant was processing ammonium nitrate, a stable chemical that requires a substantial infusion of energy to explode.
- It stores and processes hundreds of tonnes of toxic and highly inflammable chemicals and compounds.
- Example sentences
- The third atom can detach from the ozone molecule and reattach to molecules of other substances, changing their chemical composition.
- In its simplest terms, a chemical standard is a substance for which the exact composition is known.
- Elements are materials that cannot be reduced to simpler substances by normal chemical means.
- Just as the sweet smells of fall fill the air, the residents of the housing complex where I live are notified again - for the fourth time this year - of a chemical lawn treatment.
- Councillors have been told that fitting water filtering and chemical treatment would cost £223,000 plus annual running costs of £45,220.
- The hormone treatment is straightforward chemical castration - I am now impotent but it's an advantageous trade-off against a possibly fatal alternative.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.