Translation of chemise in Spanish:
- 1.1 (underclothing) camiseta (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (dress) vestido (masculine) camisero, chemisier (masculine)
- In medieval times, Cyprus was known for its silk bridal chemises and undergarments.
- It also has a new chapter on the history of drawers and knickers and one covering the chemise and petticoats.
- She put on her chemise and her under panties then clipped on her stockings.
- She was dressed in a simple chemise of cotton and flannel.
- Kendra had on a silk chemise, a shawl and one of her best hats.
- Skirts twisted around legs as ladies spun, men's doublet sleeves traded with the sleeves of shifts and chemises as couples turned around quickly to the music.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.