Translation of chemise in Spanish:
- 1.1 (underclothing) camiseta (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (dress) vestido (masculine) camisero, chemisier (masculine)
- In medieval times, Cyprus was known for its silk bridal chemises and undergarments.
- It also has a new chapter on the history of drawers and knickers and one covering the chemise and petticoats.
- She put on her chemise and her under panties then clipped on her stockings.
- She was dressed in a simple chemise of cotton and flannel.
- Kendra had on a silk chemise, a shawl and one of her best hats.
- Skirts twisted around legs as ladies spun, men's doublet sleeves traded with the sleeves of shifts and chemises as couples turned around quickly to the music.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the