Translation of cherry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 countable/numerable (fruit) cereza (feminine) wild cherry cereza silvestreExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (tree) cerezo (masculine) cherry orchard cerezal (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (color) rojo (masculine) cereza, color (masculine) guinda 1.4 countable/numerable (virginity) [slang/argot] virginidad (feminine) to lose one's cherry perder* la virginidad
- His mother would place a bowl of bright red cherries or shiny pistachios before us and we picked at the food as we chatted lazily.
- In 1920, Midwestern states produced a variety of crops such as apples, cherries, grapes, tomatoes, potatoes, and strawberries.
- My snack is Granny Smith apples, grapes or cherries and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese.
- Nylon netting draped over your cherry tree or blueberry bushes will keep birds away.
- You might for example, plant pale violet tulips at the base of a pink-flowering cherry tree.
- Looking out across the pond one sees a cherry tree in palest pink, and, farther away, the glistening white trunks of an old birch tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.