Translation of cherry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 countable/numerable (fruit) cereza (feminine) wild cherry cereza silvestreExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (tree) cerezo (masculine) cherry orchard cerezal (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (color) rojo (masculine) cereza, color (masculine) guinda 1.4 countable/numerable (virginity) [slang/argot] virginidad (feminine) to lose one's cherry perder* la virginidad
- His mother would place a bowl of bright red cherries or shiny pistachios before us and we picked at the food as we chatted lazily.
- In 1920, Midwestern states produced a variety of crops such as apples, cherries, grapes, tomatoes, potatoes, and strawberries.
- My snack is Granny Smith apples, grapes or cherries and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese.
- Nylon netting draped over your cherry tree or blueberry bushes will keep birds away.
- You might for example, plant pale violet tulips at the base of a pink-flowering cherry tree.
- Looking out across the pond one sees a cherry tree in palest pink, and, farther away, the glistening white trunks of an old birch tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.