Translation of chest in Spanish:
- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] pecho (masculine) to have a weak chest tener* problemas respiratorios to get sth off one's chest desahogarse* contando/confesando algo to play o keep one's cards close to one's chest no soltar* prenda [colloquial/familiar] chest pains dolores (masculine plural) de pecho chest specialist especialista (masculine and feminine) de las vías respiratoriasExample sentences
- Gabriel removed his shirt, and I kissed his neck, his chest, his stomach, over and over again.
- The water slowly went up to my knees, to my stomach, to my chest, to my neck.
- A rash then appears in patches, usually behind the ears, under the arms, on the chest and stomach, and the arms and legs.
- And in the late evening I was bundled off to the Accident and Emergency department suffering from bad pains in the chest.
- I would only be inflicting my germs all over you and giving you a bad chest.
- The surface of the anterior chest wall and abdominal area were sterilized with ethanol.
- 2 (box) arcón (masculine)Example sentences
- On one side of the room there were a few boxes and chests of storage, but Josie didn't mind.
- The storage chest was fairly easy, too, although it took a while to build because there were so many screws.
- She removed several ammo clips from a storage chest and fitted them into her utility belt.
- 3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) 3.1 (treasury) tesorería (feminine) 3.2 (funds) fondos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- Banks have been asked to take over the currency chests which are at present managed by the various State Government treasuries.
- She has not received that sum because she did not claim it, and therefore the Treasury chest has not been reduced by that amount.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.