- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] pecho (masculine) to have a weak chest tener* problemas respiratorios to get sth off one's chest desahogarse* contando/confesando algo to play o keep one's cards close to one's chest no soltar* prenda [colloquial/familiar] (before noun/delante del nombre) chest cold catarro (masculine) de pecho chest pains dolores (masculine plural) de pecho chest specialist especialista (masculine and feminine) de las vías respiratoriasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Gabriel removed his shirt, and I kissed his neck, his chest, his stomach, over and over again.
- The water slowly went up to my knees, to my stomach, to my chest, to my neck.
- A rash then appears in patches, usually behind the ears, under the arms, on the chest and stomach, and the arms and legs.
- And in the late evening I was bundled off to the Accident and Emergency department suffering from bad pains in the chest.
- I would only be inflicting my germs all over you and giving you a bad chest.
- The surface of the anterior chest wall and abdominal area were sterilized with ethanol.
- 2 (box) arcón (masculine)More example sentences
- On one side of the room there were a few boxes and chests of storage, but Josie didn't mind.
- The storage chest was fairly easy, too, although it took a while to build because there were so many screws.
- She removed several ammo clips from a storage chest and fitted them into her utility belt.
- 3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) 3.1 (treasury) tesorería (feminine) 3.2 (funds) fondos (masculine plural)More example sentences
- Banks have been asked to take over the currency chests which are at present managed by the various State Government treasuries.
- She has not received that sum because she did not claim it, and therefore the Treasury chest has not been reduced by that amount.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.