Translation of chestnut in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (nut) castaña (feminine)Example sentences1.2chestnut (tree) castaño (masculine) 1.3
(horse chestnut)(nut) castaña (feminine) de Indias; (tree) castaño (masculine) de IndiasExample sentences
- Some authors have suggested that their flavour and texture are comparable with those of the chestnut or cashew nut.
- Almost equally invigorating is a poached chicken, sliced into strips atop a mound of basmati rice but bathed in a potion of tarragon and chestnuts.
- And I can't really tell you how it was made, as I spent the entire recipe-making time chopping walnuts and chestnuts, sneaking teeny bits in every now and then.
Example sentences1.4 (old story) [colloquial/familiar] an old chestnut una historia muy vieja or pasada
- Greece originally introduced the chestnut tree to the rest of the European community.
- As she got nearer she saw him shaded from the sun by the leaves of the chestnut tree.
- One damaged chestnut tree and five mature conifers had to be removed.
- They also collected a broad variety of wild herbs, wild vegetables such as acorns, water chestnuts, and broad beans, and possibly wild rice.
- In general, European chestnut trees haven't suffered as devastating an outbreak as their American cousins.
- The European species of chestnut catches the disease, too, and early researchers noticed some Italian trees that seemed to have spontaneously recovered their health.
- 3 countable/numerable (horse) caballo (masculine) castaño or zainoExample sentences
- Sharon rides Andy, a chestnut Quarter Horse who has never before experienced dressage.
- Berndon was looking at a chestnut mare with a black mane and tail and took out some coins to pay for it.
- The chestnut colt is the last foal out of Jewell Ridge, who died on August 1.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.