- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (nut) castaña (feminine)More example sentences1.2chestnut (tree) castaño (masculine) 1.3
(horse chestnut)(nut) castaña (feminine) de Indias; (tree) castaño (masculine) de IndiasMore example sentences
- Some authors have suggested that their flavour and texture are comparable with those of the chestnut or cashew nut.
- Almost equally invigorating is a poached chicken, sliced into strips atop a mound of basmati rice but bathed in a potion of tarragon and chestnuts.
- And I can't really tell you how it was made, as I spent the entire recipe-making time chopping walnuts and chestnuts, sneaking teeny bits in every now and then.
More example sentences1.4 (old story) [colloquial/familiar] an old chestnut una historia muy vieja or pasada
- Greece originally introduced the chestnut tree to the rest of the European community.
- As she got nearer she saw him shaded from the sun by the leaves of the chestnut tree.
- One damaged chestnut tree and five mature conifers had to be removed.
- They also collected a broad variety of wild herbs, wild vegetables such as acorns, water chestnuts, and broad beans, and possibly wild rice.
- In general, European chestnut trees haven't suffered as devastating an outbreak as their American cousins.
- The European species of chestnut catches the disease, too, and early researchers noticed some Italian trees that seemed to have spontaneously recovered their health.
- 3 countable/numerable (horse) caballo (masculine) castaño or zainoMore example sentences
- Sharon rides Andy, a chestnut Quarter Horse who has never before experienced dressage.
- Berndon was looking at a chestnut mare with a black mane and tail and took out some coins to pay for it.
- The chestnut colt is the last foal out of Jewell Ridge, who died on August 1.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to