Translation of chestnut in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (nut)Example sentences1.2chestnut (tree) 1.3
also: horse chestnutExample sentences1.4 (old story) [colloquial]an old chestnut
- Some authors have suggested that their flavour and texture are comparable with those of the chestnut or cashew nut.
- Almost equally invigorating is a poached chicken, sliced into strips atop a mound of basmati rice but bathed in a potion of tarragon and chestnuts.
- And I can't really tell you how it was made, as I spent the entire recipe-making time chopping walnuts and chestnuts, sneaking teeny bits in every now and then.
una historia muy vieja or pasada
- Greece originally introduced the chestnut tree to the rest of the European community.
- As she got nearer she saw him shaded from the sun by the leaves of the chestnut tree.
- One damaged chestnut tree and five mature conifers had to be removed.
- 3 countable (horse)caballo (masculine) castaño
caballo (masculine) zainoExample sentences
- Sharon rides Andy, a chestnut Quarter Horse who has never before experienced dressage.
- Berndon was looking at a chestnut mare with a black mane and tail and took out some coins to pay for it.
- The chestnut colt is the last foal out of Jewell Ridge, who died on August 1.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.