Translation of chick in Spanish:
- 1.1 (young chicken) pollito, (masculine, feminine), polluelo, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (young bird) pichón, (masculine, feminine), polluelo, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 (young woman) [slang/argot] muchacha (feminine), chavala (feminine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], pebeta (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar], cabra (feminine) (Chile) [colloquial/familiar]
- Cuckoos con other birds into rearing their chicks because it's so much easier than doing it themselves.
- After the experiment, we monitored the experimental birds until chicks fledged.
- Scientists have discovered there is a bird that can detect cuckoo chicks in the nest.
- A good hatch from a small incubator is indicated when 70 percent or more of the eggs hatch, and the chicks are active and fluffy.
- I also used domestic chicks with prior experience of both prey types as predators.
- In the battle against bird flu, international health authorities must handle a thriving legal trade in live birds and chicks.
- He used his role as a journalist to meet high school chicks, and the nation is outraged, simply outraged that a journalist would manipulate someone in that way.
- You'll see lots of attractive chicks with nothing to do and no real job descriptions.
- I'm never going to skate quite like they are, I'm never going to attract as many chicks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.