Translation of chicken in Spanish:
- 1 countable (Zoology) she's no (spring) chickenno es ninguna niña or nenato play chickenjugar a ver quién es más gallitodon't count your chickens (before they're hatched)no hay que vender la piel del oso (antes de cazarlo)he's already counting his chickensestá como la lechera del cuento→ roost 2
- 2 uncountable (Cookery)(hen) gallina (feminine)(before noun) chicken liverhígado (masculine) de polloExample sentences
- Most of us think we're familiar with the sounds of the domestic chicken, but not all fowl calls are created equal.
- As birds go, the domestic chicken is hardly built for high-performance flight.
- This brief summary demonstrates the level of understanding that has been gained in studying the scutate scales of the chicken.
- The meats consisted of soft shelled crab covered in spices, tender roast beef and chicken.
- The main types of meat are pork, chicken, and mutton.
- This tells us that she won't eat red meat, chicken, pork, fish or seafood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.