- 1.1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] pollo (masculine) she's no (spring) chicken no es ninguna niña or nena to play chicken jugar* a ver quién es más gallito don't count your chickens (before they're hatched) no hay que vender la piel del oso (antes de cazarlo) he's already counting his chickens está como la lechera del cuento roost 2 1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] pollo (masculine); (hen) gallina (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) chicken liver hígado (masculine) de polloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Most of us think we're familiar with the sounds of the domestic chicken, but not all fowl calls are created equal.
- As birds go, the domestic chicken is hardly built for high-performance flight.
- This brief summary demonstrates the level of understanding that has been gained in studying the scutate scales of the chicken.
- The meats consisted of soft shelled crab covered in spices, tender roast beef and chicken.
- The main types of meat are pork, chicken, and mutton.
- This tells us that she won't eat red meat, chicken, pork, fish or seafood.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.