Translation of chief in Spanish:
- 1 (head)jefe, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)chief of police
líder (masculine or feminine)jefe de policíathe great white chiefel gran jefeel mero mero (Mexico) [colloquial]too many chiefs and not enough Indiansmuchos jefes y pocos trabajadoresExample sentences
- And very few of them are presided over by local aristocrats or clan chiefs.
- And even in Gaelic tales, the island earned fame for being the penal colony where clan chiefs put their enemies in exile.
- Some clan chiefs hedged their bets and sent sons off to fight on opposing sides.
- Mickey's evidence comes from a bureau chief of one of the news organizations.
- The discussions between the unions and council chiefs are deadlocked because the employers say they cannot afford to increase their offer.
- Police chiefs say the federal government must first secure the country's borders.
- 2 (boss) [colloquial]jefe, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Ah, it's just the main troops, Timmy, nothing to worry about, chief!
- Maybe at one time, chief, but the carpet cops have taken over.
- There's a button on the left of your keyboard somewhere with the words ‘Caps Lock’ printed on it, chief.
adjective before noun, no comparative
- Example sentences
- The chief concern among skeptics is that young people are not mature or intelligent enough to vote properly.
- Among the chief concerns is the bank's investment portfolio, which now makes up more than half of its assets.
- Among the chief tactics of the fallen principalities and powers is the incitement of fear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.