n (pl children /ˈtʃɪldrən/)
- 1.1 (boy) niño (m); (girl) niña (f) a group of children un grupo de niños I've known her since I was a child la conozco desde niño or chico don't be such a child! ¡no seas niño or crío!, ¡no seas tan infantil! to be child's play ser* un juego de niños the child is father of the man lo que se mama de niño dura toda la vida (before n) child labor trabajo (m) de menores child prodigy niño, -ña (m,f) prodigio child psychiatrist psiquiatra (mf) infantil child psychiatry psiquiatría (f) infantil; child psychologist psicólogo, -ga (m,f) infantil; child psychology psicología (f) infantil child welfare protección (f) a la infancia see also abuse1 2More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (son) hijo (m); (daughter) hija (f) have you any children? ¿tiene hijos? we have two children tenemos dos hijos to be with child [literario/literary] estar* encinta to get sb with child [literario/literary] dejar a algn encinta to be great o big with child [archaic/arcaico] estar* a punto de dar a luz she's a child of the sixties es un producto de los años sesenta
- The ultrasound probe is used mainly for head scanning of newborn babies and young children.
- Malnourishment prevents a child from reaching full mental and physical development.
- Is it inevitable when a baby or a young child gets these autoantibodies that they go on to develop diabetes?
- The couple had three children, a daughter and two sons who work in the business.
- She said that if she had children she would want daughters like Holly.
- I have chosen to stay at home to bring up my daughter and any other children that I may choose to have.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.