- (crack) (— in fence, wall) grieta (feminine), abertura (feminine); (— of door) rendija (feminine), resquicio (masculine) a chink of light entered through the shutters la luz entraba por las rendijas de la persiana the chink in sb's armor el punto flaco or débil de algnMore example sentences
- He examines the snail trail of viscous fluid by the light from a chink in the curtains.
- Although no-one else had seen or heard him, in the cold light of day he felt ashamed that he had allowed a chink to appear in his brash and arrogant exterior.
- Has the god-given right been passed on to me to stand at my windows, with a small chink in the curtains, and spy on the exciting events going on in - Road, Ealing?
- (of coins, glasses) tintineo (masculine)
- (Chinese) [slang/argot] [offensive/ofensivo] chino, (masculine, feminine), chale (masculine and feminine) (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] [offensive/ofensivo], canaca (masculine and feminine) (Chile) (Peru/Perú) [colloquial/familiar] [offensive/ofensivo]