Translation of chirp in Spanish:
- Estrella yawned a little, and closed her eyes, listening silently to the serene sound of birds chirping and the small insects of summer buzzing.
- The entire area was abuzz with various sounds in the air, such as leaves rustling in the wind, birds chirping, insects humming, and the distinct sound of flowing water.
- At that point I began to hear birds chirping over the explosive sound of the firing range, I looked around in confusion, and then was awakened suddenly.
nouncountable and uncountable
- (of bird)piada (feminine)
piído (masculine)(of cricket) chirrido (masculine)Example sentences
- ‘The territorial calls produced by the males are short buzzes, trills, chirps and combinations of clicks,’ said French as she demonstrated.
- Elongated roars and fragments of voices gave a sense of atmospheric portent, while syncopated pings, clicks and chirps added a desultory counterpoint.
- There are chirps and squeals and squawks and song.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.