Translation of chivalry in Spanish:
- (in conduct)(History)the age of chivalry
caballería (feminine)los tiempos de la caballería andante(the age of) chivalry is not dead [humorous]aún quedan caballerosExample sentences
- Many such characters desperately need a ‘code’ to live by, like the social code of chivalry for Don Quixote.
- During the Middle Ages, chivalry was a code of brave and courteous conduct for knights.
- They will consider different interpretations of the famous clash of August 22nd, 1485, within the broader context of medieval warfare and chivalry.
- A court dealing with his appeal over an earlier confrontation heard that from a young age he had been regaled with stories of daring deeds, courage and chivalry in the SAS, told by his father, Tony.
- In that imaginary reality what drives people to act in one way or another is ideas of honour, chivalry, nobility and heroism.
- The article stressed the explicit Catholicity of Christian chivalry, comparing the ideals that bound knights to service with the characteristic vows of Catholic monastic life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.